Bainbridge Senior Living is seeking a Full-Time reliable, hard-working, competent and dedicated Cook to perform the preparation of breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal, and some catering events as scheduled.
- Competent in preparing basic sauces, soups, pastry, vegetables, proteins, and starches
- Ensure FIFO (First In First Out) rotation of all food products
- To communicate with Executive/Sous Chef staffing problems, food shortages, equipment problems, and any other production needs
- Go over menus to understand what is expected with the Executive Chef and/or Chef
- Must maintain schedule for food service and be on time
- Control consistent portions
- Promote a team environment
- Cleaning up after yourself to include sweeping floors, counters, removal of dirty equipment, and cleaning grills, stoves, ovens, tilt skillets, and steamers after you use
- Leads in cleaning and organization of walk-in cooler, freezers, dry storage and reach-in units daily
- Make sure all products for next 2 days menu are in the kitchen
- Ensure all products are prepared, held and served at correct temperatures
- Ensure the proper rotation, labeling and dating of all products
- Use proper utensils and portions at all times
- Work with all management, staff, and residents with respect, friendliness and professionalism
- Ensure all residents and guests are served in a friendly, fast, efficient and professional manner at all times
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
If you enjoy providing excellent customer service with compassion and respect for seniors, we’d like to meet you!
We currently offer all employees (PT & FT) the following benefits and we’re adding more all the time!
- Good starting wages based on previous or related work experience with room to grow and advance;
- Opportunities for career growth, learning & development, and compensation increases based on work performance;
- Medical, Dental & Vision health insurance (30+ hours per week)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A chef-prepared meal each shift
- Island Fitness Club discounts with incentives
- Bainbridge Island Museum of Art membership
- Meaningful and fulfilling service to our senior citizen residents
- A caring island community
- A family-owned and run business that respects and appreciates you and your contributions!
BSL is a caring and respectful work environment providing fulfilling service to seniors and our island community. We are a family-owned and operated business that appreciates every one of our team members!
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in our teams.