Bainbridge Senior Living consists of four family-owned and operated Assisted Living & Retirement Communities along Madison Avenue on beautiful Bainbridge Island. Our company is seeking a compassionate Director of Nursing Services (DNS) for our Madrona House, who will provide exceptional care and services to our residents.
The Director of Nursing Services (DNS) works closely with the Executive Director and Resident Care Coordination Team to ensure that residents’ needs are met. The goal is to foster an excellent environment that will support everyone working to the benefit of the community and residents alike.
Salary Range for this position is $95,000 to $110,000 based upon experience.
Sign-On Bonus of $5,000 paid over 5 months of service.
Director of Nursing Services Responsibilities:
- Direct, oversee and evaluate all care staff personnel (RNs, LPNs, Caregivers and Med Techs) in conjunction with the Resident Care Team Manager and/or Resident Care Coordinator. Complete staff performance reviews annually and prepares/conducts disciplinary reviews as needed. Sets objectives and long-term goals for resident care team
- Assess residents as needed when nursing judgment is required during change in condition, wound care needs, etc.
- Nurse Delegation implementation and oversight
- Update assessments and care plans as needed/annually to ensure changes are communicated with care staff and family while ensuring care staff signs to acknowledge changes
- Work in tandem with Resident Care Coordinator/Resident Care Team Manager/Registered Nurses in the following areas: Communicating with physician and pharmacy for implementing new orders and discontinued orders; auditing MAR updates as needed; care conferences with residents and family members as needed/annually; auditing/thinning charts for needs and archiving; following up/completing incident reports
- Work with outside agencies for coordination of care with each resident as needed
- Organize and coordinate admission, record keeping and resident care procedures
- Develop and enforce policies aiming for legal compliance and high-quality standards
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
- Function as a liaison with families and doctor’s to ensure special needs/requests/complaints are addressed. Inform Executive Director, in writing and verbally, of all family or resident complaints
- Point of Contact for tuberculosis screening of staff for all communities. The RN’s of Wyatt and Madison House will assist with reading of tuberculosis screenings as needed and serve as back-up for DNS of Madrona House as needed
- Other Duties as Assigned
Director of Nursing Services Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree and/or Associates Nursing Degree required.
- Current Washington State RN or LPN License & Current BLS Certification.
- 1 Year Long-Term Care Experience Required.
- Knowledge of Assisted Living Facilities state regulations.
- Team player, with the ability to lead and delegate effectively, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to provide compassionate care to a diverse group of senior residents with varying levels of care needs;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills and abilities;
- Familiarity with Washington State Department of Social Health & Services regulations
- Must be able to pass a DSHS background check.
The benefits offered for this position include:
- Medical Insurance offered by Kaiser Permanente
- Dental and Vision Insurance offered by Ameritas
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (after 6 months & 1,000 hours)
- Paid Time Off of 3 Weeks Per Year
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- A chef-prepared meal each shift
- Opportunities for career growth, learning & development; including paid CEU’s
- Meaningful and fulfilling service to our seniors residents’
- A personal family-owned and run business that respects and appreciates you and your contributions!
All benefits and wages offered are reviewed annually and are based on employment status of 30 hours or more per week.
Bainbridge Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer.