Bainbridge Senior Living consists of four family-owned and operated Assisted Living & Retirement Communities along Winslow Way on beautiful Bainbridge Island. We have the opportunity for a compassionate, caring, and dependable full-time Housekeeper.
Summary: The primary purpose of the housekeeper is to keep residents’ rooms and living areas, as well as all building restrooms and common areas neat, tidy, clean, and sanitary at all times.
- Regularly vacuums, mops, and dusts; operates equipment such as vacuum cleaner, floor cleaner, washer and dryer;
- Launders, washes, and cleans items such as clothing, linens, and other items, including those soiled due to incontinence, utilizing consumer and/or commercial- grade washers and dryers;
- Cleans up emergency spills, including incontinence accidents;
- Assists with moving furniture and other items when needed or as necessary;
- Makes beds as requested, assigned, or as necessary;
- Mixes, prepares, and uses various cleaning chemicals and cleaning solvents and solutions;
- Regularly, at least weekly, changes bedding and linens for each resident as assigned or scheduled;
- Picks up clutter and empties trash containers located in resident rooms, as needed;
- Cleans common areas including dining rooms, sitting areas, and hallways, ensuring cleanliness is maintained at all times;
- Cleans offices and work areas, as well as employee lounge and public restrooms, and ensures cleanliness is maintained at all times;
- Defrosts and cleans resident refrigerators as needed;
- Unclogs toilets, sinks, showers and other drains as needed;
- Prepares clean mop water for ready use;
- Ensures all equipment is clean;
- Keeps utility room clean and orderly where equipment can be easily found;
- Ensures items that potentially dangerous items are secured safely;
- Comply with Infection Control standards;
- Work safely with chemicals and materials in accordance with Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) information and guidelines;
- Be organized and work thoroughly on a daily basis;
- Uses safety and warning devices (such as cones, signage, etc.) to prevent accidents and ensure safety procedures are followed and standards are met during cleaning activities;
- Be aware of residents’ needs and mindful of those who are unable to tolerate things such as loud noises and work to avoid or minimize disruption to residents;
- Become familiar with residents’ with memory limitations to identify the constructive interactions;
- Effectively and compassionately interact with elderly residents;
- Complies with all company rules, policies, and procedures. Works and behaves safely by following all safety rules and regulations;
- Performs other tasks as requested or required in support of resident requests, requirements, and comfort, as well as the company’s requirements and objectives.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
We currently offer the following benefits and we’re adding more all the time!
- Medical, Dental & Vision health insurance (30+ hours per week)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A chef-prepared meal each shift
- Meaningful and fulfilling service to our senior residents
- A caring island community
- A personal, family-owned and run business that respects and appreciates you and your contributions!
Our residents receive attentive care that’s specific to their needs, including life enrichment activities, personal care, transportation, medical assistance, and companionship.
If you are at least 18 years old, able to effectively communicate with senior residents and team members, and want to explore joining our team to help us provide the best possible care to our residents, then please apply.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively to residents and their family members, and co-workers
- Must be able to physically perform work including occasional lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 30 lbs. Able to walk and stand up to 80% of the workday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our teams!
Pay Range $18.00-22.00 Per Hour Depending on Experience