Bainbridge Senior Living consists of four family-owned and operated Assisted Living & Retirement Communities along Winslow Way on beautiful Bainbridge Island. We have the opportunity for a compassionate, caring, and dependable full-time Housekeeper.
- Regularly vacuums, mops, and dusts; operates equipment such as vacuum cleaner, floor cleaner, washer and dryer;
- Mixes, prepares, and uses various cleaning chemicals and cleaning solvents and solutions in accordance with Safety Data Sheets information and guidelines
- Launders, washes, and cleans items such as clothing, linens, and other items, including those soiled due to incontinence, utilizing consumer and/or commercial- grade washers and dryers
- Effectively and compassionately interact with elderly residents
- Cleans up emergency spills, including incontinence accidents;
- Assists with moving furniture and other items when needed or as necessary;
- Makes beds as requested, assigned, or as necessary
- Picks up clutter and empties trash containers located in resident rooms, as needed
- Cleans common areas including dining rooms, sitting areas, and hallways, ensuring cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Cleans offices and work areas, as well as employee lounge and public restrooms
- Defrosts and cleans resident refrigerators as needed
- Unclogs toilets, sinks, showers and other drains as needed
- Ensures all equipment is clean and orderly
- Be organized and work thoroughly on a daily basis
- Be aware of residents’ needs and mindful of those who are unable to tolerate things such as loud noises and work to avoid or minimize disruption to residents
- Performs other tasks as requested or required in support of resident requests, requirements, and comfort, as well as the company’s requirements and objectives
We currently offer the following benefits and we’re adding more all the time!
- Medical, Dental & Vision health insurance (30+ hours per week)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (after 12 months & 1,000 hours)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A chef-prepared meal each shift
- Island Fitness Club discounts with incentives
- Bainbridge Island Museum of Art membership
- Meaningful and fulfilling service to our senior residents
- A caring island community
- A personal, family-owned and run business that respects and appreciates you and your contributions!
Our residents receive attentive care that’s specific to their needs, including life enrichment activities, personal care, transportation, medical assistance, and companionship.
If you are at least 18 years old, able to effectively communicate with senior residents and team members, and want to explore joining our team to help us provide the best possible care to our residents, then please apply.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively to residents and their family members, and co-workers
- Must be able to physically perform work including occasional lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 30 lbs. Able to walk and stand up to 80% of the workday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our teams!