BSL is seeking a full-time (30+ hours per week) dedicated Housekeeper who is reliable and hard-working. The primary purpose of the Housekeeper is to keep residents’ rooms and living areas, as well as all building restrooms and common areas, neat, tidy, clean, and sanitary at all times.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regularly vacuums, mops, and dusts; operates equipment such as vacuum cleaner, floor cleaner, washer and dryer;
- Mixes, prepares, and uses various cleaning chemicals and cleaning solvents and solutions;
- Regularly, at least weekly, changes bedding and linens for each resident as assigned or scheduled;
- Launders, washes, and cleans items such as clothing, linens, and other items, including those soiled due to incontinence, utilizing consumer and/or commercial- grade washers and dryers;
- Cleans up emergency spills, including incontinence accidents;
- Assists with moving furniture and other items when needed or as necessary;
- Makes beds as requested, assigned, or as necessary;
- Picks up clutter and empties trash containers located in resident rooms, as needed;
- Cleans common areas including dining rooms, sitting areas, and hallways, ensuring cleanliness is maintained at all times;
- Cleans offices and work areas, as well as employee lounge and public restrooms, and ensures cleanliness is maintained at all times;
- Defrosts and cleans resident refrigerators as needed;
- Unclogs toilets, sinks, showers and other drains as needed;
- Prepares clean mop water for ready use;
- Ensures all equipment is clean;
- Keeps utility room clean and orderly where equipment can be easily found;
- Ensures items that potentially dangerous items are secured safely;
- Comply with Infection Control standards;
- Work safely with chemicals and materials in accordance with Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) information and guidelines;
- Be organized and work thoroughly on a daily basis;
- Uses safety and warning devices (such as cones, signage, etc.) to prevent accidents and ensure safety procedures are followed and standards are met during cleaning activities;
- Be aware of residents’ needs and mindful of those who are unable to tolerate things such as loud noises and work to avoid or minimize disruption to residents;
- Become familiar with residents’ with memory limitations to identify the constructive interactions;
- Effectively and compassionately interact with elderly residents;
- Complies with all company rules, policies, and procedures. Works and behaves safely by following all safety rules and regulations;
- Performs other tasks as requested or required in support of resident requests, requirements, and comfort, as well as the company’s requirements and objectives.
If you enjoy providing excellent customer service with compassion and respect for seniors, we’d like to meet you!
All employees (PT & FT) are eligible for:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunities for career growth, learning & development, compensation increases based on performance
- 401(k) (after one year of service)
- A chef-prepared meal provided everyday
- Pay at time-and-a-half for working holidays
- Discounted fitness club membership
- BI Museum of Art membership
Our Full-Time employees (30+ hours per week) are also eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health insurance benefits
BSL is a caring and respectful work environment providing fulfilling service to seniors and our island community. We are a family-owned and operated business that appreciates every one of our team members!
Starting pay rate for this position is $14.50 per hour (DOE).
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in our teams.