Bainbridge Senior Living consists of four family-owned and operated Assisted Living & Retirement Communities along Winslow Way on beautiful Bainbridge Island. We have opportunities for a compassionate, caring, and dependable Life Enrichment (Activities) Assistant at our Madrona House.
If you are reliable, caring, compassionate, and enjoy adding quality to the lives of seniors, we’d like to talk to you about joining our team!
The Life Enrichment Assistant works closely with the Life Enrichment Director and helps plan, coordinate, and perform activities for and with our residents, interacting with them in group and one-on-one settings. Life Enrichment Assistants encourage residents to attend and participate in activities, while providing support and assistance to our care staff.
- Assist residents during meals, including creating a pleasant dining experience by working with dining and care staff to help serve meals and clean-up.
- Communicate and coordinate activity schedules with care staff to optimize effectiveness and benefit for residents, staff, and our home community.
- Conduct and assist with scheduled activities and programs. Utilize skills and knowledge working with residents with dementia and memory care conditions to engage them in movement, discussion, arts & crafts, musical events, outings, classes, and programs.
- Support the Director of Life Enrichment to explore opportunities for resident socialization and engagement. Consistently attend regularly scheduled Life Enrichment staff meetings to collaborate and share ideas and information.
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of all activities, including special events held in our lobby, dining room, and other locations.
- Maintain commitment to grow knowledge of dementia and best approaches for providing care by participating in training and through open communication with coworkers.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism for residents and their families, adhering to the defined roles and responsibilities of each department.
- Communicate all resident concerns regarding their physical, mental and/or emotional well-being to the Director of Life Enrichment.
We currently offer all employees (PT & FT) the following benefits and we’re adding more all the time!
- Good starting wages based on previous or related work experience with room to grow and advance;
- Opportunities for career growth, learning & development, and compensation increases based on work performance;
- Medical, Dental & Vision health insurance (30+ hours per week)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (after 12 months & 1,000 hours)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A chef-prepared meal each shift
- Paid training (CEUs)
- Island Fitness Club discounts with incentives
- Bainbridge Island Museum of Art membership
- Meaningful and fulfilling service to our senior residents
- A caring island community
- A personal, family-owned and run business that respects and appreciates you and your contributions!
Our residents receive attentive care that’s specific to their needs, including life enrichment activities, personal care, transportation, medical assistance, and companionship.
If you are at least 18 years old, able to effectively communicate with senior residents and team members, and want to explore joining our team to help us provide the best possible care to our residents, then please apply.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively to residents and their family members, co-workers and vendors;
- Basic computer skills; must be able to effectively use email, browse the internet, use Microsoft Office programs and use web-based scheduling program;
- Possess a current Food Worker Card valid in Washington State;
- Must be able to physically perform work including occasional lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 30 lbs. Able to walk and stand up to 80% of the workday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our teams!