Bainbridge Senior Living is four family-owned and operated Assisted Living & Retirement Communities along Winslow Way on beautiful Bainbridge Island. We have the opportunity for a compassionate and dedicated Maintenance Technician to join our team!
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician is to ensure their respective community within Bainbridge Senior Living is in good repair and the grounds are kept tidy. The maintenance technician is to work as a team with maintenance crew on priority projects and create a safe and comfortable living environment for all residents and a safe working environment for staff.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, carpet cleaning, etc
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards, moves and sets up tables and chairs
- Light carpentry work; drywall repair and painting
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls
- Paints interior and exterior walls
- Pressure Washes Exterior Surfaces such as decks, patios and walkways
- Assess damages to apartment for Administrators post move-out
- Check Maintenance Log Daily to prioritize repair and cleaning projects
- Manage TELS work order system daily to record all maintenance tasks
- Adhere to On-Call schedule, policy and guidelines
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D) required. Two (2) years’ building maintenance experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid WA State driver’s license with 5 years of clean driving history. Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair, variety of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of community, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required
- Experience in: HVAC, flooring, and electrical
We currently offer all Full-Time employees the following benefits!
- Competitive starting wages based on previous or related work experience with room to grow and advance
- Opportunities for career growth, learning & development, and compensation increases based on work performance;
- Medical, Dental & Vision health insurance (30+ hours per week)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (after 12 months & 1,000 hours)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- A chef-prepared meal each shift
- Island Fitness Club discounts with incentives
- Meaningful and fulfilling service to our seniors residents
- A caring island community
- A personal family-owned and run business that respects and appreciates you and your contributions!
- Commuter Bonus
Our residents receive attentive care that’s specific to their needs, including life enrichment activities, personal care, transportation, medical assistance, and companionship.
If you are able to effectively communicate with senior residents and team members and want to explore joining our team to help us provide the best possible environment for our residents and employees to live and work safely.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our teams!
Part Rate: $20.00- $25.00 DOE